Program of the Year
This award is given to a registered organization’s outstanding on-campus program occurring after March 8, 2016.
(Note: If needed, this award may be broken into up to four categories: Service & Philanthropy, Educational, Cultural, Community Building)
Please answer all questions in 250 words or fewer. Nominations with answers of more than 250 words will not be considered.
Note: Finalists are invited to interview for this award
- Please select the primary category for this program (Service & Philanthropy, Educational, Cultural, Community Building)
- Provide a statement of the organization's purpose and general activities;
- Describe the program in detail, including date, time, location and those involved;
- Upload a flyer for the event;
- Describe the intended impact and desired outcomes from the program;
- Explain how this program aligns itself with the UC Merced Principles of Community;
- Using examples, explain how the club measures the event's success;
- Was this program a collaborative effort between two or more clubs? If yes, please describe the collaboration in detail;
- Please upload supporting documents (e.g. budget, roles, agenda, event plans, evaluations).
Scoring Rubric Summary: Possible 15 Total Points
Alignment with Principles of Community (3 possible points): Application and supporting documents demonstrates how the event aligns with one or more of the UC Merced Principles of Community.
Community Impact of Event (3 possible points): Application and supporting documents show significant impact on the campus and surrounding communities.
Impact on Participants (3 possible points): Application and supporting documents show significant impact on the participants. This can be scholarly, cultural, political, etc.
Collaborative Efforts (2 possible points): Application and supporting documents demonstrate a successful collaboration between one or more organizations to plan and execute the event.
Attendance (3 possible points)
Reviewer Discretionary Points (1 possible point)