The P.A.W.S Leadership Seminar
PAWS applications are due on Thursday, September 7th by 12pm.
Note: PAWS is only open to students with Tier 1 Bobcat Leader Certification. You can obtain this by completing the Bobcat Leadership Series.
P.A.W.S Fall 2017 seminar will be offered on Thursdays from 1:30pm-2:30pm in the Bobcat Lair (KL 169) starting September 14th.
The P.A.W.S. Leadership Seminar is a developmental program open to 25 students per session each semester. Students must apply and be selected in order to participate. The seminar helps students identify their areas of passion, learn how to take action, develop skills to maintain wellness, and commit to ongoing service.
Students who complete the program will receive Tier 2 Certification, an "I'm a Bobcat Leader" hat, and will be eligible to apply for Leadership In Action to complete Tier 3 of the Leadership Program. Please note that participants must arrive on time and stay for the full hour of each session.
P.A.W.S. Leadership Seminar Learning Objectives
- Students who complete P.A.W.S. can expect to:
- Acquire knowledge about the concepts of servant leadership and the characteristics of a servant leader
- Increase their awareness of self and the people and events around them
- Learn about areas of wellness and how to aid wellness of others
- Effectively communicate with others and develop positive relationships with their constituents
- Implement strategies to support the development of group members
- Connect the Social Change Model to Servant Leadership Practices