Leadership In Action Capstone Program
Leadership In Action
Academic year 2016-2017
The Leadership In Action Capstone Program is an experiential development course for students who have received Tier 2 Bobcat Leader Certification.
Students in the Leadership In Action Capstone Program will integrate the leadership skills, knowledge, and capacity they developed in BLS and PAWS and create a program to benefit the campus or the surrounding community.
Students will meet with Souza Center staff to develop their program and will receive up to a $150 grant upon approval. In addition to their program, students will read an article of their choosing each month; submit reflections, and a final reflection paper.
In order to complete this program, receive certification in Bobcat Leadership Tier 3, and receive a Leadership Center stole for graduation participants must complete each of the following tasks:
- Implement their program
- Complete 6 monthly reflections
- Read 6 articles on leadership
- Submit a 5 page final reflection/research paper
- Complete a LinkedIn profile
- Have their resume reviewed by a Career Counselor
In total you will have to have submitted 7 reflection papers by the end of this program: 6 monthly reflections and 1 final reflection/research paper.
Capstone program applications must be submitted to the Souza Center no later than 5pm on Thursday, September 22nd. Meetings to review program submissions will be held the following week with the projects starting on October 3rd. Final reflection papers will be due no later than 11:59pm on April 30th, 2016. Exceptions to these requirements are allowed only upon approval from the Margo F. Souza Center Director.
- Projects must be connected to a current or new RCO on campus.
- Projects must be new or intend to significantly expand an existing program.
- Projects must involve active engagement with the campus or Merced community.
- Projects may not involve collecting donations of money or goods.
- Project funding may not be used for incentives, prizes, or thank you gifts.
If you have questions contact the Souza Staff at email@example.com
- General Track Program
- Entrepreneurial Track Program
- Keynote Speaker
- Closing Speaker
- Featured Presenters
- Conference Competitions
- Conference Registration
- Past Award Recipients
- Nomination Reviewer Registration
- List of Awards
- Legacy Award
- Distinguished Leadership Award
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award
- Organization President of the Year
- Inspirational Bobcat Award
- Social Justice Leadership Award
- Outstanding Advisor Award
- Margo F. Souza San Joaquin Valley Mentor of the Year Award
- Margo F. Souza Entrepreneur in Training Team Scholarship
- Program of the Year
- Student Organization of the Year
- Outstanding New Student Organization
- UFC Community Service Organization
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Awards
- Contact Us