Student Engagement Champion Award
These awards recognize faculty members who demonstrated commitment to student engagement.
Nominations can be submitted by students in the following four categories:
Health and Wellbeing
Please answer all categories in 250 words or fewer. Nominations with answers of more than 250 words will not be considered.
Question Prompts (Each nomination only answers questions #1, #2 and the two specific category questions)
- Why does the nominee deserve to be recognized with the selected category of this award:
- How has the nominee shown commitment to the advancement of the selected category in the campus and Merced community;
- (Leadership) Please provide a specific example of a time the nominee helped a student in their leadership;
- (Leadership) How does the nominee help students connect their leadership development experiences to their classroom learning;
- (Health) Please describe a specific situation in which the nominee promoted student health and well-being;
- (Health) How does the nominee integrate health and well-being into class time;
- (Community) Please provide a specific example of a time the nominee helped a student connect to a community;
- (Community) How does the nominee help students connect their community engagement experiences to their classroom learning?
- (Career) Provide an example of how the nominee demonstrates support of student professional development, engages with students around their career interests, and/or facilitates connections to career related experiences;
- (Career) How does the nominee help students connect their career interests to their classroom learning?
Scoring Rubric Summary: Possible 16 Total Points
Commitment to Student Engagement (5 possible points): Application describes nominee's hands on work with students to help them engage in the selected category.
Advancement of Category in Campus and Merced Community (5 possible points): Application describes nominee's personal engagement in the selected category within the campus and greater Merced community.
Connecting Category to Classroom Learning (5 possible points): Application describes nominee's ongoing commitment to promoting the selected category in class and/or connecting it to classroom learning.
Reviewer Discretionary Points (1 possible point)