Outstanding New Student Organization
This award recognizes a UC Merced club or organization registered in the last two years that has demonstrated an outstanding potential for growth and development of its members while contributing to the campus community.
To apply, all applicants must be in good judicial standing with the university.
Please answer all categories in 250 words or fewer. Nominations with answers of more than 250 words will not be considered.
Note: Finalists are invited to interview for this award
- List the contributions and services the organization has made to the overall UC Merced community since the club's founding at UC Merced;
- Describe any and all programs the organization offers to the campus, surrounding community and/or general organization membership;
- Explain, specifically, what this organization does to ensure member development;
- What specific goals or plans does this organization have to increase its impact on UC Merced and the community? Use specific and detailed examples;
- Upload a calendar of events from the 2017-2018 academic year
Scoring Rubric Summary: Possible 17 Total Points
Alignment with RCO Mission (4 possible points): Organization activities demonstrate alignment with the established mission of the organization.
Impact of On Campus Involvement (4 possible points): Application demonstrates and sites examples of the RCO's significant and/or long lasting impact on the campus.
Impact of Community Involvement (4 possible points): Application demonstrates and sites examples of the RCO's significant and/or long lasting impact on the community outside of UC Merced.
Development of Members (4 possible points): Application demonstrates and sites examples of the RCO's dedication to the development of members. Examples: Hosted UC Merced Collaborative event with OSL, Career Services, Fiat Lux, etc. Helped members pursue greater opportunities for research and employment. Sent members to leadership development programs.
Reviewer Discretionary Points (1 possible point)