Bobcat Leadership Series
**ATTENTION: Due to changes in our program for the Fall 2018 semester, the Bobcat Leadership Series workshops in Spring 2018 will only be offered as MakeUp sessions to students currently in progres to complete Tier 1**
The Bobcat Leadership Series is a semester long developmental program designed to answer questions such as "What is leadership?" "Who can lead?" and "What does it take to be a great leader?" by taking an in-depth look at the seven Cs of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development.
You can attend one session or the entire program. You may complete the program in a semester or however long it takes according to your schedule. Students who complete the program by attending one session in each of the first 6 'C's, participate in at least one hour of approved community engagement, and submit a 400-500 word Social Change reflection are certified in Bobcat Leadership Tier 1 and receive exclusive "I'm a Bobcat Leader" T-shirts. They are also eligible to apply for the P.A.W.S. Leadership Seminar.
Certification in Bobcat Leadership Level 1 is also a preferred qualification for a number of jobs in student affairs. While not required for your application, completion of BLS will give you a leg up on your competition.
The following jobs now prefer completion of the Bobcat Leadership Series for employment:
- Office of Student Life Souza Leadership Center Intern
- Bright Success Center Orientation Leader
- Office of Student Life Fraternity and Sorority Intern
- Housing and Residence Life Resident Assistant
- Housing and Residence Life Lead Resident Assistant
- Health Promotions HEROES
- Bright Success Center Success Mentors
- Office of Student Life Clubs and Organization Intern
- Office of Student Life Purchasing Intern
- Office of Student Life Student Conduct Intern
- Office of Student Life Activities and Events Intern
- Office of Student Life Civic Leadership Intern
- Students Assessing Teaching and Learning (SATAL) Program
- Degree Attainment for Returning and Transfer Students (DARTS) Program