The P.A.W.S Leadership Seminar
PAWS applications are due on Thursday, January 25th by 8:00am.
Note: PAWS is only open to students with Tier 1 Bobcat Leader Certification. You can obtain this by completing the Bobcat Leadership Series, the Emerging Leader Retreat, or the first year of the Yosemite Leadership Program.
P.A.W.S Spring 2018 seminar will be offered on Wednesdays from 2:00-3:00pm and Thursdays from 3:00pm-4:00pm in the Bobcat Lair (KL 169) starting January 31st and February 1st for both sessions, respectively.
The P.A.W.S. Leadership Seminar is a developmental program open to 20 students per session each semester. Students must apply and be selected in order to participate. The seminar helps students identify their areas of passion, learn how to take action, develop skills to maintain wellness, and commit to ongoing service.
Students who complete the program will receive Tier 2 Bobcat Leader Certification, the "I'm a Bobcat Leader" hat, and will be eligible to apply for the Leadership In Action Capstone Program to complete Tier 3 of the Souza Center Leadership Program. Please note that participants must arrive on time and stay for the full hour of each session, and must be able to attend the Teambuilding Excursion to the Ropes Course on Sunday, February 4th, travel will be provided.
P.A.W.S. Leadership Seminar Learning Objectives
- Students who complete P.A.W.S. can expect to:
- Acquire knowledge about the concepts of servant leadership and the characteristics of a servant leader
- Increase their awareness of self and the people and events around them
- Learn about areas of wellness and how to aid wellness of others
- Effectively communicate with others and develop positive relationships with their constituents
- Implement strategies to support the development of group members
- Connect the Social Change Model to Servant Leadership Practices