Bobcat Leadership Series 3.0
Applications are OPEN for BLS 3.0
The Bobcat Leadership Series 3.0 is a capstone program for students who have received Tier 2 Bobcat Leader Certification. Students in BLS 3.0 will integrate the leadership skills, knowledge, and capacity they developed in the Tier 1 and Tier 2 programs and create a program to benefit the campus or the surrounding community. Students will meet with Souza Center staff to develop their program and will receive up to a $150 grant upon approval. In addition to their program, students will read an article of their choosing each month; submit reflections, and a final reflection paper.
In order to complete this program, receive certification in Bobcat Leadership Tier 3, and receive a Leadership Center stole for graduation participants must complete each of the following tasks:
- Begin implementing their program at the start of the semester
- Complete 3 monthly reflections
- Unlock their Full 34 CliftonStrenghts sequence (Access code provided) and particiapte in a 60min coaching session
- Attend 2 of the monthly meetings or 1:1 check-ins with Souza Center Staff
- Read 3 articles on leadership
- Submit a 5 page final reflection/research paper
- Complete a LinkedIn profile
- Have their resume reviewed by a Career Counselor
In total you will have to have submitted 4 reflection papers by the end of this program: 3 monthly reflections and 1 final reflection/research paper.
- Projects must be connected to a current or new RCO on campus.
- Projects must be new or intend to significantly expand an existing program.
- Projects must involve active engagement with the campus or Merced community.
- Projects may not involve collecting donations of money or goods.
- Project funding may not be used for incentives, prizes, or thank you gifts.
If you have questions contact the Souza Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org