Leadership In Action
Applications for the Spring 2018 Cohort are CLOSED.
Eligible students will recieve information about the application for the Fall 2018 Cohort soon via email.
The Leadership In Action Capstone Program is an experiential development course for students who have received Tier 2 Bobcat Leader Certification.
- Tuesday, January 16th, 1-3pm
- Wednesday, January 17th, 1-3pm
- Thursday, January 18th, 1-3pm
Students in the Leadership In Action Capstone Program will integrate the leadership skills, knowledge, and capacity they developed in the Tier 1 and Tier 2 programs and create a program to benefit the campus or the surrounding community.
Students will meet with Souza Center staff to develop their program and will receive up to a $150 grant upon approval. In addition to their program, students will read an article of their choosing each month; submit reflections, and a final reflection paper.
In order to complete this program, receive certification in Bobcat Leadership Tier 3, and receive a Leadership Center stole for graduation participants must complete each of the following tasks:
- Begin implementing their program at the start of the semester
- Complete 3 monthly reflections
- Attend 2 of the monthly meetings or 1:1 check-ins with Souza Center Staff
- Read 3 articles on leadership
- Submit a 5 page final reflection/research paper
- Complete a LinkedIn profile
- Have their resume reviewed by a Career Counselor
In total you will have to have submitted 4 reflection papers by the end of this program: 3 monthly reflections and 1 final reflection/research paper.
Capstone program applications must be submitted to the Souza Center no later than 12pm on Friday, January 19th. If approved you must be prepared to start working on your capstone project on Monday, January 22nd. Final relfection papers will be due no later than 8am on May 4th. Exceptions to these requirements are allowed only up approval from the Margo F. Souza Center Director.
- Projects must be connected to a current or new RCO on campus.
- Projects must be new or intend to significantly expand an existing program.
- Projects must involve active engagement with the campus or Merced community.
- Projects may not involve collecting donations of money or goods.
- Project funding may not be used for incentives, prizes, or thank you gifts.
If you have questions contact the Souza Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org