Leadership Assessments and Tools
The Clifton StrengthsFInder for Students offers you the opportunity to discover and develop your top five themes to achieve academic, career and personal excellence. This book includes a single-user ID code that gives you access to CliftonStrengths assessment and revolutionary online program for students.
The purpose of MBTI personality inventory is to make the theory of psychological types described by C. G. Jung understandable and useful in people’s lives. The essence of the theory is that much of people's seemingly random variation in behavior is actually quite orderly and consistent, being due to basic differences in the ways people prefer to use their perception and judgment.
The Student Leadership Challenge® offers everyone the chance to take the initiative and make a difference. The Student Leadership Challenge® is about how student leaders mobilize others to want to get extraordinary things done. It's about the practices leaders use to transform values into actions, visions into realities, obstacles into innovations, individuality into collaboration and risks into rewards. It's about a climate in which people turn challenging opportunities into remarkable successes.
True Colors™ is a model for understanding yourself and others based on your personality temperament. The colors of orange, green, blue and gold are used to differentiate the four central personality styles of True Colors™. Each of us has a combination of these True Colors that make up our personality spectrum, usually with one of the styles being the most dominant. Identifying your personality and the personalities of others using True Colors provides you with insights into different motivations, actions and communication approaches.
One of the widest collections of free leadership resources available on the Web. Includes searchable themes, links, magazine articles, books, quotations and a glossary of leadership-related terms.
The Character Clearinghouse is a comprehensive national information center for character development resources, events, programs, dialogue and leadership in higher education. This information clearinghouse is designed especially for educators, student affairs staff, higher education organizations and others who are interested in encouraging the development of moral and civic responsibility in college student learning and development.
Leadership University is a resource base containing thousands of articles, reviews, research papers, essays, books and book chapters, commentaries, video and audio files, poems and more. It is sponsored by Christian Leadership Ministries, the faculty outreach and training arm of Campus Crusade for Christ International. Leadership U includes resources from the high school to research levels, with an emphasis on the scholarly.
LeaderShape exists to offer the highest quality state-of-the-art leadership programs focused primarily on young men and women in all settings of The LeaderShape Institute; to facilitate their application through follow-up advisory support to participants and sponsors; and to be a catalyst in expanding leadership programs centered on leading with integrity to new audiences. We will have succeeded when graduates of LeaderShape programs improve the quality of their respective organizations and environments.
The National Clearinghouse for Leadership Programs (NCLP), through the development of cutting-edge resources, information sharing and symposia, supports leadership development in college students by serving as a central source of professional development for leadership educators. NCLP also works to connect leadership educators to one another and support those developing leadership programs in their communities.
Recommended Reading List
- Exploring Leadership: For College Students who want to Make a Difference by Susan R. Komives, Niace Lucas, and Timothy R. McMahon
- The Student Leadership Guide by Brendon Burchard
- Learning Through Serving: A Student Guidebook for Service-Learning Across the Disciplines by Christine M. Cress, Peter J. Collier, Vicki L. Reitenauer and Associates
- Deeper Learning in Leadership: Helping College Students Find the Potential Within by Dennis C. Roberts
- Her Place at the Table: A Woman's Guide to Negotiating Five Key Challenges to Leadership Success by Deborah M. Kolb Ph.D., Judith Williams Ph.D., and Carol Frohlinger JD
- Leading From the Front: No-Excuse Leadership Tactics for Women by Courtney Lynch, Amy Morgan, and Angie Morgan
- Ethics for the New Millennium by The Dalai Lama
- Creating the Multicultural Organization: A Strategy for Capturing the Power of Diversity by Taylor Cox Jr.
- Salsa, Soul, and Spirit: Leadership for a Multicultural Age by Juana Bordas
- Breaking Through: The Making of Minority Executives in Corporate America by David A. Thomas and John J. Gabarro
Leaders on Leadership
- Lincoln on Leadership: Executive Strategies for Tough Times by Donald T. Phillips
- Martin Luther King, Jr., on Leadership: Inspiration and Wisdom for Challenging Times by Donald T. Phillips
- Churchill on Leadership Executive Success in the Face of Adversity by Steven F. Hayward
- Theodore Roosevelt on Leadership: Executive Lessons from the Bully Pulpit by James M. Strock
- The Leadership Challenge by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner
- Leadership for a Better World: Understanding the Social Change Model of Leadership Development by Susan R. Komives, Wendy Wagner, and Associates
- Leadership: Theory and Practice by Dr. Peter G. Northouse
- Introduction to Leadership by by Dr. Peter G. Northouse
Leadership in Business
- Leadership on the Line: Staying Alive through the Dangers of Leading by Ronald A. Heifetz and Marty Linsky
- Manager Redefined: The Competitive Advantage in the Middle of Your Organization by Thomas O. Davenport and Stephen D. Harding
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- How the Mighty Fall by Jim Collins
- Get Everyone in Your Boat Rowing in the Same Direction: 5 Leadership Principles to Follow So Others Will Follow You by Bob Boylan
- How to Delegate (Essential Managers Series) by Robert Heller
- Running a Meeting That Works (Barron's Business Success Guides) by Robert F. Miller