The Bobcat Leadership Seminar (BLS) is great for students interested in exploring their identities as leaders, and getting more involved in leadership at UC Merced & beyond. We welcome all students, whether you are continuing your leadership journey, or you've just begun! BLS consists of four (4) 50-minute sessions.
Thursdays 2:30pm - 3:20pm | October 7, 14, 21, 28 Location: Kolligian Library 232
Attend all 4 sessions to receive a certificate of completion.
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop 1: Introduction to Leadership & Exploring Your Identity
Workshop 2: Leadership Skills & Leadership Styles (Identify your Strengths: We all have strengths!)
Workshop 3: Strategies for Confidence & Resilience in Leadership
Workshop 4: Next Steps: Learn of Leadership Opportunities & Create Your Leadership Action Plan
In this program, you will explore your identity and your potential leadership style(s).
You will reflect on the following questions: "Who I am? What impact may I want to make in this world? How do I want to engage in leadership?"
You will identify the specific Leadership Skills & Leadership Styles that are your strengths & the leadership skills you will work to improve while at UC Merced.
You will identify specific strategies that you will use to increase your Confidence & your Resilience (ability to overcome challenges).
You will learn the wide range of leadership opportunities available to you at UC Merced and beyond.
You will create a personalized Leadership Action Plan for the next steps in your leadership journey. During each workshop, we dedicate a bit of time for you to fill out your action plan. You will finish the action plan during Workshop 4. Once you complete workshop 4, you will have earned a Certificate of Completion for the Bobcat Leadership Seminar.
After you complete the seminar, you will also have the opportunity to schedule a 20-minute 1:1 meeting (optional) wtih our staff facilitator, Jess Évora, Associate Director of the Margo F. Souza Student Leadership Center. During this session, we'll discuss your action plan in more detail to provide you further suggestions & resources for your plan for continued growth as a leader.
- This program is open to all UC Merced students! Both undergraduate & graduate students are encouraged to register!
- We discuss strategies and opportunities for both your time at UC Merced and after you graduate. So students graduating Spring 2021 would definitely benefit from this program!
- The Fall 2021 workshop will be facilitated by Jess Évora - Souza Leadership Center Associate Director, and the Souza student staff.
- There are no assignments or homework for this program. Everything is done within the sessions.
- We like to create a friendly, welcoming environment. So, get comfortable, log onto Zoom through your laptop or phone, and bring your authentic selves.
October 2021 Cohort - Now Open for Registration!
Thursdays 2:30pm - 3:20pm | October 7, 14, 21, 28
Location: Kolligian Library (KL) 232. Please plan to arrive on time at 2:30pm, and stay until the session ends at 3:20pm.
Registration is open until Wednesday, Oct. 5th 11:59pm or until we reach capacity.
Bobcat Leadership Seminar Registration Form
You will receive an email 2-3 business days with further information!