Presented by Medical Education and the Office of Leadership, Service and Career at UC Merced.
WE BELIEVE that future health leaders, ready for 21st-century challenges, are studying at UC Merced. And we've built a leader-development program designed to support these aspiring leaders as they prepare for a career serving our communities.
Are you one of these leaders?
Primary Contact: Hector Cuevas Hcuevas@ucmerced.edu
This distinguished, year-long program provides:
Executive leadership seminars with health care and public health leaders
Leader-development workshops to enhance your leadership style and skillsets
Team-based health care leadership projects that impact our local communities
Previous seminars have featured:
Dr. Carrie Byington, Executive Vice President of UC Health
Dr. Calvin Wheeler, Director of Undergraduate and Graduate Medical Education, TPMG
Dr. Glen Villanueva, CMO Livingston Community Health
and many more
• All sessions required
Community Impact Project:
Depending on project availability, participants will work in teams to either
1. Lead a hands-on project to positively impact our community health
2. Address a specific health care leadership challenge through an in-depth project proposal
In order to participate, students must:
• Be seeking a Health and/or Public Health profession
• Be in their second-to-last year at UC Merced
• Have a 3.0 GPA or higher
• Be willing to commit to the full range of program requirements and activities for the entire year.