A Virtual Leadership Experience | Friday September 25th - Sunday, September 27th!
The annual UC Merced Leadership Conference was a 3-day virtual experience!
The conference theme was Rise to the Challenge! The conference theme aims to acknowledge the leadership we need during
these challenging times. We invited incredible alumni speakers who shared leadership strategies, and lessons from their leadership journeys from their time at UC Merced and beyond!
Each year, this conference is open to all UC Merced students.
Missed the Conference? Review the sessions using the links below!
REGISTER USING THE LINKS BELOW:
5:30pm – 8:00pm
Alumni Keynote Speakers
- Uday Bali ‘08 & Preet Bali ‘10 - Rising to the Challenge as Social Entrepreneurs
- Rodney K. Nickens, Jr. ’09- Leadership & Advocacy for Racial Justice
- Natalie Gonzalez ‘15 - Empowering our Future Leaders for Social Change
- Conference Opening Day Closing Remarks
11:00am – 2:00pm
- Opening Session Performance
- Leadership & Resilience in the Graduate Student Experience
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Maxine Umeh-Garcia | UC Merced ‘10, M.S. ’13
- Panel Discussion with Megha Suswaram, UC Merced PhD Candidate, 2020 UC Merced Outstanding Graduate Student
- Rise to the Challenge Student Presentations
11:00am – 1:00pm
- 11am – 12:00pm – Closing Alumni Keynote
- Fireside Chat with Domonique D. Jones: Sharing Leadership Lessons Across Generations
- Domonique Jones, UC Merced Class of 2016, and First Female President of ASUCM
- Elizabeth Meza Torres, Current President, Associated Students of UC Merced (ASUCM)
- Closing Remarks & Official Close of Conference
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm After-Conference Networking Session with UC Merced Alumni, including keynote speaker & recent alumni
Registration is now open for all UC Merced students (both undergraduate & graduate students)!
Follow us on Social Media for live updates on the Conference! @UCMLeadership
Questions? Email us at Lead@UCMerced.edu
The 2020 UC Merced Leadership Conference Planning Committee